This website is an information-based resource for horse owners/managers. It provides education about responsible, sustainable, and ethical best practices for managing horses and the ecosystem of which they are a part. This One Welfare approach is a win-win-win all around.
Where to start? Feel free to explore the website (the blog has loads of interesting posts) but also make sure you sign up for our FREE mini-course (keep scrolling down).
Our strategy at a glance:
A world where the needs of domestic horses are met by providing them with a species-appropriate ‘lifestyle’ that recognizes horses as part of an ecosystem, not separate from it.
To ensure domestic horses have the best life possible by educating horse owners about:
1. Domestic horses have innate behavioural and physical needs that should be met.
2. Domestic horses deserve to have the best life that we can provide for them.
3. Domestic horses can be managed in a way that is good for them and the wider environment at the same time.
4. All horse owners / managers should strive to continuously improve the 'lifestyle' of horses in their care and be good 'land custodians'.
1. We are innovative.
2. We are empathetic.
3. We are qualified.
4. We are committed.
5. We have integrity.
Education about responsible, sustainable, and ethical best practices for horses, people and the environment - the One Welfare approach.
1. To continue to challenge ‘traditional’ myths about horses, horsekeeping and land management.
2. To reach and challenge the thinking of a more significant percentage of the horse-owning population.
3. To work increasingly more closely with environmental organizations to deliver more information to more horse owners.
4. To be the worldwide recognized authority on the One Welfare approach to horse, human and environment management.
Read what people have to say about us and our work...
Julie Spencer USA
'The Equiculture approach to everything horsey - from how you manage your horses to how you ride - has been a revelation for me. My horses have benefited so much. My partner also loves this approach and is now much more involved in our improved 'horse lifestyle''.
Paula King AUS
'Jane and Stuart Myers have changed our lives. I wish I had met them sooner. When you start to 'think outside the box' anything is possible, and this is what Jane and Stuart have made me do. The way I keep my horses now works with rather than against my principles.'
Joanne Cooke UK
'... I like to support people who are trying to make positive change in the world. However my expectations of what I get for my money have been massively exceeded. You get loads of really great stuff. I'm loving working through the course and learning loads...'