The Equiculture Course (AUS)
Learn how to become an expert in your 'field'.
Pricing - this is a VERY special price for Nillumbik (Vic), Manningham (Vic), Yarra Ranges (Vic), Whittlesea (Vic), Hume (Vic), Macedon Ranges (Vic), City of Greater Bendigo (VIC), Hunter (NSW) and WYNDHAM (Vic) residents:
$267.99 now $125 AUD
PLUS: Use your special voucher code to get a FURTHER reduction between 60% and up to 100% (it depends on the funding body)
- The 8 course modules.
- The Equicentral System books 1 and 2 as PDFs (you will be offered them as paperbacks for a discount at check out).
- Membership of the private Equiculture Central Facebook group.
- Free attendance to any of the group online talks/webinars that we put on for our clients.
- A mobile app so you can learn on the move.
Email the following for your discount code:
NILLUMBIK: Stephanie [email protected]
MANNINGHAM: Nigel [email protected]
YARRA RANGES: Tim [email protected]
WHITTLESEA: Mark [email protected]
HUME: Anne [email protected]
MACEDON RANGES: Jason: [email protected]
CITY OF GREATER BENDIGO: Jason: [email protected]
HUNTER: Kath [email protected]
WYNDHAM: Vanessa [email protected]
If you would like more information about The Equiculture Course scroll down
Do you have the money, time and energy to do the things you LOVE with your horse/s? Do you have healthy, happy horses that are grazing as much as possible on healthy, 'happy' pasture? Do you have little, or no, mud, dust and weeds? Do you KNOW that the way you are keeping your horse/s is actually GOOD for the environment as well as good for them?
...If you can say YES to all of the above points then you are doing a great job, a really great job, if not, you need to read further...
...because for most horse owners/managers - there is much that can be improved by using a system that was developed in Australia...
...chances are you have never been taught about how to manage horse/s and the land that they live on in a Responsible, Sustainable and Ethical way...
...this is not surprising because much of the accepted information that is out there is incorrect and/or outdated...
...traditional management practices usually create issues for horses and the land.
Would you like to:
- Learn how to save money, time and energy and be able to do more of the things you love?
- Learn how to create a better 'lifestyle' for your horse/s and allow them to carry out more of their natural behaviours?
- Learn how to manage your horse/s weight better?
- Learn how to solve any other land management problems you may be having?
...stick with us and we will show you how.
Does this sound like your situation?
- You are confused by what is termed 'safe' grass and what is termed 'dangerous' grass.
- You would love to grow healthy, 'happy' pasture but do not know how.
- You are anxious about your horse/s weight.
- You want your horse/s to graze more naturally but you are apprehensive about what might happen if they do.
- You are totally fed up with having lots of mud when it's wet...
... and dust when it's dry...
...but you can turn all of this around...
You CAN have a better lifestyle for yourself. Have more money, time and energy.
You CAN also provide a better 'lifestyle' for your horse/s. One where they are allowed to carry out more of their natural behaviours.
You CAN allow your horse/s to have a healthier, more natural diet. Along with the better 'lifestyle' this will result in much calmer horses.
You CAN become a great horse/land manager, just by learning some essential basics. In fact, you and your horse/s can make a real difference to the planet, we can show you how...
Why not join this exciting and positive movement in the horse world, that was developed originally to cope with Australian conditions:
You may have spent hours watching free videos and trying to improve the situation...
...but it is safe to say there is a lot of bad advice out there...
But, at last, here's a blueprint for your success.
A stepwise guide by Equiculture, with contributions from horse experts from all around the world, to rapidly improve how you manage your horse/s and the land that they live on.
Start getting the results you and your horses deserve for all your effort and expense!
Here are the exact tools you need to move from frustrated to happy...
What WILL happen if you buy this course?
These are just some of the marvellous things that you will experience:
- You WILL be able to identify how you can improve your current management system.
- You WILL have a stepwise guide and a clear plan to follow.
- You WILL feel supported by a great network of like minded people as you travel on this new journey.
- You WILL have more time to do the things you love.
- Your horse/s WILL become calmer, healthier and happier.
- You WILL develop a better 'bond' with your horse/s.
- You WILL become an 'Equicentric Grass Farmer' along with thousands of others around the world.
- You WILL feel positive and happier because you will know that you are helping the environment at the same time as creating a better place for your horse/s to live.
This is the only toolkit created that teaches this subject, and from a ONE WELFARE perspective.
The course includes 8 Modules (written and videos).
The Equicentral System Series books 1 and 2 (as PDF's with the option to upgrade to paperbacks).
Optional membership of the very active, private Facebook group (Equiculture Central)
A course app for your mobile.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand some of the histories of horsekeeping and how/why that has led to the way we now keep modern domestic horses.
- Understand the common issues that modern horse owners/managers face and how we can look at a new and more sustainable future for horsekeeping.
- Recognise the different 'lifestyles' of naturally-living versus domestic-living horses. You will learn why horses live in herds and how they behave when grazing.
- Recognise what causes and how to recognise stress in domestic horses and how to build 'enrichment' into modern horse management systems.
- Understand the difference between healthy pasture and unhealthy pasture, the benefits of pasture for horses, and how vital biodiversity is for horses and the wider environment.
- Understand how pasture plants fit into their natural habitat, about their characteristics and their growth stages. You will also know some common myths about horses and pasture, how important healthy pasture plants are for horses and how to create suitable pasture for horses.
- Understand the land degradation that horses can cause, including bare/compacted soil and erosion. You will learn about the problems caused by too much water/mud and insufficient water/drought.
- Understand weeds, why they can be problematic, and why they can sometimes be beneficial. You will also learn about how to turn land degradation around and a little about the vital subject of soil.
- Understand horses and manure, their 'dunging behaviour' and how to manage pasture manure to reduce the incidence of parasites.
- Understand how to utilise dung beetles, composting worms and chickens to significant effect. You will also learn how to use manure that is 'improved' and what to do with surplus manure.
- Understand the various grazing systems and how to implement them. You will learn about pasture management strategies and about conserving pasture.
- Understand about The Equicentral System, a horse welfare and good environmental horse/pasture management strategy, and how to implement it.
- Understand horses and water and how the natural water system operates. You will learn about common water problems such as too much or not enough. You will also learn how to conserve, source, store, and use water and plan for clean water.
- Understand the benefits of vegetation for horses also how that vegetation benefits the wider environment. You will learn how vegetation can also be fodder for horses and provide windbreaks and fire breaks. You will also learn about revegetation on a horse property, poisonous trees and plants, and the dangers of lawnmower clippings.
The Equiculture Course is for you if...
...you are fed up with spending more money each year on bought-in feed for your horse/s...
Poor management means that your feed costs go up each year. This is a very common problem. By not looking after the pasture (and even more importantly, the soil) you are simply throwing money away. You are missing out on an opportunity to grow safe, healthy, biodiverse pasture for your horse/s that will also save you a fortune.
...you are concerned that your horse/s are not 'living their best life'...
Horse/s deserve to have a good 'lifestyle'. They rely on you to provide an environment that is as close to 'natural' as possible. Forage, friends and freedom (the 3 F's) are what horses desire (and need). This course will teach you how to make changes that result in the best outcome for your current situation.
...you are worried about the appearance of the land, the mud, dust and weeds are getting to you and you want to make improvements...
Again, a common problem. Horse owners, unfortunately, have a reputation for not taking good care of the land that their horses live on. This occurs for various reasons:
- A lack of knowledge. Modern horse owners do not usually have a land management background.
- It is difficult to get the right advice, most of what is out there assumes you are keeping animals other than horses (such as cows). Even the information that is horse specific is usually unhelpful or even dangerous.
...you are just starting out and you are feeling overwhelmed with the conflicting information that is out there...
There is so much conflicting information out there (on the internet in particular). Some good, some bad. If you are new to horse/land ownership/management (or even not so new), you may have been told the wrong information (and believe it), make sure this is not you! Stick with us and we will show you how to make the right decisions.
...you have heard that there is a better way to keep horses and you want to learn all about it...
Quite rightly, you want to make sure you are doing the best you can for your horse/s and the land that they live on. Learn about a way of keeping horses that is fast becoming regarded as the best way!
...you are concerned about the environment and you want to learn about what you and your horse/s can do to help...
Most horse owners do not realise that they have the tools to make a real difference to the environment. By learning all about 'amazing grazing' and by learning about how Responsible, Sustainable and Ethical horse keeping is also good for the environment, you and your horse/s can do more for the planet than you could ever imagine!
Are you ready to start making changes?
Read what others have to say about us...
Judith Leeson - SA - Australia - ''So happy to be a part of Equiculture Central, as a former horse owner and current enthusiast for evidence-based horse care and welfare. Member of the Management Committee of Horse SA, with a deep interest in horse-centred practice, applying contemporary research to horse - human transactions, interventions, provisions and education, and the effects of the Social Licence to Operate. I read every post and am delighted with how members share their experiences and expertise with each other across continents in the most respectful and inclusive way.
Joanne Cooke - UK - ''... I like to support people who are trying to make positive change in the world. However my expectations of what I get for my money have been massively exceeded. You get loads of really great stuff. Far more than I thought. I'm loving working through the course and learning loads even though I've been running an Equicentral style System myself for 5 years. Look at it as the equivalent of a set of books on the subject. Well worth the money and highly recommended.''
Fra Atyeo - Victoria - Australia - ''Dear Jane and Stuart, your passion for horse welfare and landcare is helping thousands of horse owners and riders across the globe. I've got many of your books on riding, some must be near 20 years old now!
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to be part of a seminar in Victoria about eight years ago where you attended my property to discuss The Equicentral System with the local equine landcare group, and now I am enjoying learning how to ride again with The Horse Rider's Mechanic course!
Thank you for all your efforts in research and for sharing the information in an easy-to-understand format. I LOVE your work!!!
I highly recommend to any horse owner or rider to invest in learning more about The Equicentral System or Horse Rider's Mechanic.''
Mandy Kelly - Durham - UK - ''I've signed up for the new (membership) group and I am looking forward to the new learning approach. I work fulltime and spend every second I have with my herd so find it difficult to concentrate and dedicate time to reading through the information you can find online. Starting the course put everything in 1 place which was great, now having the new group will not only have everything together but will give me specific learning sessions so I can plan and follow through with specific tasks. I joined Equicentral as I wanted my land and herd to work with nature. I wanted to encourage correct grasses to grow, wildflower meadows, wooded areas and most of all encourage the wildlife to come back to our bare grazing land. I am 6 months in and have 2 paddocks looking lovely and full of wildlife already this spring :)''